Table of Contents
- AccessAlly 3.0.0 Release Notes: 03/06/2019
- AccessAlly 3.0.1 Release Notes: 03/27/2017
- AccessAlly 3.1.0 Release Notes: 06/09/2019
- AccessAlly 3.1.1 Release Notes: 06/19/2019
- AccessAlly 3.2.0 Release Notes: 09/10/2019
- AccessAlly 3.2.2 Release Notes: 09/17/2019
- AccessAlly 3.3.0 Release Notes: 10/30/2019
- AccessAlly 3.3.1 Release Notes: 11/07/2019
AccessAlly 3.0.0 Release Notes: 03/06/2019
Released March 2019
- You can now build your own metrics dashboard to monitor your membership site performance.
- Some metrics calculations can be configured to show a time-series for trend analysis.
- You can also build your own custom calculation by combining two existing metrics items.
Improved Course Navigation
- Course pages now feature “Next” / “Previous” buttons, so students can easily navigate through your course sequentially.
- The links of the “Next” / “Previous” buttons are determined by the order of pages (& modules) in the Course Wizard.
- You can now use the drag-and-drop functionality to reorder content in the Course Wizard when creating a Standalone or Stage Released course.
- A “Resume” button is now available. When clicked, this button will to take students back to the last page they visited.
Customize the Start Date Of Your Subscription Payments
- Instead of a fixed trial delay, you can now customize the first payment to start on a specific date or the next calendar date.
- This feature can be used to pre-sell products with a fixed launch date.
- It can also be used for recurring memberships where the first payment should happen on the 1st of the month / year.
- You can now integrate AccessAlly with a Keap account.
- The setup for Keap is very similar to Infusionsoft.
- Added a new custom operation type that will trigger a ProgressAlly event. This can be used to check objectives as completed via CRM webhooks.
- Multiple customizations available for order forms, so you can have different purchase conditions for different order forms.
- The Course Wizard can now create Posts (in addition to Pages and Protected Content).
- Dedicated AccessAlly blocks are now available for: WordPress Gutenberg, the BeaverBuilder plugin, and Elementor.
- A new “testing” step has been added to the Course Wizard, so you can make sure your setup works before opening it up to clients.
- Brazilian Real has been added as a currency option.
- A Portuguese translation has been added for order form wording.
- The “next billing date” text will not show when all payments in a finite payment plan have been processed.
- (ActiveCampaign only) Allow customization of the Company field, as the built-in Organization field in ActiveCampaign is not available for all tiers.
- Fixed bug where WordPress admins couldn’t see backend post / page listing if they didn’t have all-access mode enabled or were missing the necessary tags.
- Fixed bug in PayPal trial period validation that occurred if the trial interval differed from the payment interval after trial.
- Fixed bug where the mandatory purchase condition was causing an error for abbreviated 1-click order form.
- Fixed bug in Protected Content where the Amazon S3 file key selection didn’t appear when a new bucket was selected.
- Added a “checked” class to the Order Form step icons for ease of styling.
- Fixed bug where a subscription error was raised if the purchaser didn’t have a user on the AccessAlly site.
- Fixed bug where certain PayPal subscriptions were not marked as failed even though the payments were not collected. This happened because certain PayPal profiles are shown as Active even though the payments couldn’t be collected.
- (Infusionsoft only) Fixed bug in the affiliate lead number calculation.
- (Ontraport only) Removed requirement for an opt-in form in the Payment CRM integration.
AccessAlly 3.0.1 Release Notes: 03/27/2017
Released March 2019. Includes AccessAlly Pro.
- Added new option to “Initiate team parent” Custom Operation to allow replacing an existing team.
- Added option to randomize user profile display in a User Directory.
- Added “subscription ID” column to PayPal payment log.
- Added an option to save Personality Test scores to custom fields in the CRM.
- Improved the Quiz answer frontend styling, so that long answers are indented / wrapped properly.
- Fixed error that occurred when uploading a file to Protected Content in the Course Wizard.
- Fixed bug in the Average Customer Value metrics calculation when not all products are selected.
- Fixed bug where the parent page defaulted to “Create a new post” in the Course Wizard.
- Fixed subscription metrics display when there are no subscriptions on the site.
- Eliminated the “deprecated” warning message in PHP 7.2+.
AccessAlly 3.1.0 Release Notes: 06/09/2019
Released June 2019
Order form design customization
- New input fields can now be added to order forms, which can optionally link to CRM custom fields.
- Additional text and image fields can be added to the order form designs.
- The placement of input / text elements are controlled via a drag-and-drop order form design interface.
The full tutorial for setting up your new order form designs can be found here: How to Design & Customize Your Order Forms
- Added PayPal timezone setting in AccessAlly’s PayPal integration under General Settings → Payment → PayPal to avoid timezone issue when creating PayPal subscription profiles. (The setting can be found in “Step 4” of this tutorial.)
- Improved page load time for Custom Operations and Products setting pages.
- Set the “Nickname” to the First Name for newly created users, so that the email addresses are not shown in certain forum profiles.
- Added option to show a CRM field (such as the PayPal email) in the Affiliate Payout report.
- Added Angolan Kwanza as a currency option.
- Subscription credits are NOT included in the Metrics revenue calculation.
- Added Subscription Churn Metrics calculation.
- Added Active Subscription filter to Metrics calculations.
- Added American Military addresses to the States selection.
- Added an “alternate” affiliate link mode for servers that can’t properly process links with the “~” character. (Tutorial here)
- Enabled a drag-and-drop re-ordering for Profile and User Directory description items.
- Changed the letter “E” to lowercase in “Every month / year, etc” -> “every month / year, etc” for recurring product pricing description.
- Added an advanced option to customize the product pricing description.
- Adding / removing tags in WordPress dashboard user profile will now be updated in the CRM.
- Fixed a bug in the Course Wizard → Stage-release course update, where moving pages to another module wasn’t saved.
- Page icons are no longer changed when the pages are re-ordered in the Course Wizard.
- Affiliate links can now be processed when shared on Pinterest and clicked on an iPhone (the ~ symbol is converted to %7E).
- (ConvertKit only) added missing subscriber ID argument to the On-Demand Login link.
- Fixed a bug in the Active Subscription Metrics calculation, where the time window wasn’t used properly.
- Increased the maximum profile image size to 1024 by 1024 pixels.
AccessAlly 3.1.1 Release Notes: 06/19/2019
Released June 2019
- Fixed Tried-and-True template issue (Order Form → Designs) where backend customizations were not updated on the frontend.
- Fixed issue where Regular Text elements (Order Form → Designs → Flex templates) couldn’t be updated after being moved.
- Fixed issue where the PayPal timezone setting couldn’t be updated.
AccessAlly 3.2.0 Release Notes: 09/10/2019
Released September 2019
* Version 3.2.1 was released on the same day addressing a critical bug fix. *
We’ve been busy: from changing diapers on our newborn, welcoming a new team member to our company, and working on time-sensitive updates for payment compliance…
It’s nice to reflect on what went into the latest version of AccessAlly, which is available now inside your WordPress plugins dashboard.
Here’s a video overview to whet your appetite:
Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) Compliance
If you’re not sure what this means or if it relates to your business, read our full SCA compliance blog post here.
- AccessAlly is now SCA-ready and EU clients can verify their payment method securely when making purchases with AccessAlly Order Forms.
- There is NO additional configuration required for new orders: for payments requiring SCA, clients will be prompted to validate their credit card by clicking on a button.
- If you have existing subscriptions or payment plans, you’ll want to use AccessAlly’s “Update Credit Card” functionality.
- You can find the full tutorial for setting up this credit card page here, and from there you can send an email to have clients validate their card securely.
- If you’ve already set up a Failed Payment automation sequence, then your email automation will kick in and direct people to update their card settings.
- Added an option to filter users based on a custom field value. (This is ideal for segmenting users based on certain text values, such as Industry or Location.)
- The “dropdown” custom field update option can be used allow users to update a custom field with preset values, thus reducing the chance of typos.
- The ability to search based on any number of fields (not just names), so you can have people search for specific keywords in the fields you deem useful (for example location, biography, industry, etc.)
Countdown timer custom operation
Tutorials for setting up this feature can be found here.
- Added the ability to create a global countdown timer to a specified time.
- Introduced the ability to create a countdown timer for a specific coupon. The countdown timer can be used in the order form or as part of content.
- An animated countdown timer is now available as one of the display options
Subscription Custom Operations
Tutorials for setting up this feature can be found here.
- Added the ability to create frontend buttons for subscription actions: cancel, revoke, stop, and add payment credits.
- This allows clients to self-manage existing subscriptions.
- Actions can also be initiated via a webhook in the CRM.
A New Setup Wizard for Simplified Onboarding
The new setup wizard reduces the onboarding steps to a minimal required input. It also offers the ability to create and configure key pages, so the site is ready to use.
View the new Setup Wizard tutorial here.
- Added styling customization for Team Management button colors (in General Settings → Styling → Custom).
- Added a parameter to the “affiliate_details” shortcode that allows customization of how much referral information (name, email) to display.
- Improved Permissions → Update User interface so that it is easier to resolve Invalid Contact ID / Duplicate Contact ID errors.
- Updated default Course Navigation and Resume button styling, so that long button texts will still have padding on the sides.
- Added a “Save” button to inline profile / custom field updates, so that users have a chance to review the input before deciding to update.
- Added a new custom operation that can be used to create a CRM-activated coupon.
- Added “Custom Text” and “Custom Code” elements to Member Directory Profile configuration, so static text can be included in the User Profile.
- Improved Purchase Log → Subscription Details interface to clarify how each admin action is performed.
- Introduced a new “modern” look for User Directory and User Profile.
- Added PayPal format CSV export for Affiliate Payout report.
- Added Danish Krone as a currency option.
- Added Swedish Krona as a currency option.
- Added conditional display shortcodes based on whether clients have certain active subscriptions.
- Introduce the ability to Archive an order in Purchase Log → Order Details. Archived orders are not included in Metrics calculations.
- (ProgressAlly) Enabled drag-and-drop re-ordering for Objective list setup.
- (ProgressAlly) Added “Clone” feature to Quiz questions.
- (ProgressAlly) Enabled drag-and-drop re-ordering for Quiz questions.
- (ProgressAlly) Increased maximum Private Notes attachment size to 10MB.
- Fix submit issue if contact information inputs are placed in bordered block for Flex order form designs.
- Fix bug where the placeholder text for the State selection element was not updated correctly in Order Form Flex design.
- Fix hardcoded error text in Order Form required input validation, which now uses the localized version.
- Show readable dates in Affiliate Commission export instead of UNIX timestamps.
AccessAlly 3.2.2 Release Notes: 09/17/2019
Released in September 2019.
AccessAlly 3.2.2 was just released and it includes a webhook functionality bug fix, as well as an update to conform to Drip’s changing API calls.
If you upgraded to 3.2.0, it’s recommended you upgrade to 3.2.2 as soon as you can to ensure that your site continues to sync properly with your CRM (even if you’re not using Drip).
- Improved performance on AccessAlly sites by moving to “client driven” updates for webhooks
- Added a way to revert back to the legacy full-update webhook functionality, but it’s especially not recommended for ConvertKit or ActiveCampaign due to their API timeout limitations.
- Updated the API for Drip due to a change in Drip functionality that was causing syncing issues
- Added the ability to sync from the CRM on the back-end of WordPress for testing and troubleshooting purposes
AccessAlly 3.3.0 Release Notes: 10/30/2019
Released October 2019
Course Icon Dashboard
- You can now use the AccessAlly Course Wizard to customize an icon dashboard for your courses.
- The icons in the dashboard can be re-ordered via drag-and-drop, and you can add headers / body text to organize the courses.
- You can control whether to show the icon depending on whether the user has purchased / signed up for the course.
Sales Email Notifications (beta)
- Get an email every time a sale is made on an AccessAlly order form
- Choose the email addresses for who will receive sales notifications
- The email reflects client details, product and price, coupons applied, affiliate who made the sale, and if it was a subscription replacement
- Upgraded to Stripe V3 Elements for accepting credit card input.
- Added “# of payments” calculation to the Metrics dashboard.
- Allow course icons to be added by selecting a course created in the Course Wizard.
- (ProgressAlly) Added an option to run an AccessAlly Custom Operation on Objective completion.
- Course revoke functionality improvement: now you can apply just one “master revoke” tag to remove access to a course, without needing to add separate PAYF tags for each of the modules separately.
- New custom operations to grant or revoke access to courses, which automatically handle the appropriate tagging.
- Added an advanced option to not run PHP scripts in post / page content.
- Added more spacing to Affiliate Details and Affiliate Leaderboard tables on the frontend.
- Fix “NaN” Custom Operation index error when adding the first Custom Operation.
- Ontraport affiliate link structure update to match new link set up
AccessAlly 3.3.1 Release Notes: 11/07/2019
Released November 2019
- You can now see a list of all active and used coupons.
- Individual one-use coupon can be canceled or extended.
- The batch coupon import function is ideal for creating a list of discount coupons for gift certificates and / or physical coupon slips.
- Add read-only mode to [accessally_team_child_list] shortcode, so it can be nested in Team Admin section or in User Directory to list team children.
- Allow resizing of log tables, including Order and Subscription Purchase Logs.
- Fix submit issue when using a $0 order form after submitting a coupon.
- Improve the Permissions → Update Users logic to prevent ConvertKit API timeout from generating false “Invalid Contact ID” errors.