Released March 2020
Table of Contents
Introducing a built-in media player for Amazon S3 (ProgressAlly)
- Take back control of your video content and avoid expensive video hosting service price hikes, by uploading your videos to Amazon S3. Host video files on our WordPress Amazon S3 video player and play the videos on your site using ProgressAlly’s new media player. Learn more.
- Speed up video loading on mobile devices. Optionally, you can enable mobile optimization and CloudFront to provide the best viewing experience for clients. Learn more.
- Now you can add “audio bookmarks” and track audio listens through objectives, just like videos. The new media player can also be used for audio files, which can be hosted locally or on Amazon S3. Learn more.
- Upload custom images that encourage people to hit “play”. Personalize your Amazon S3 hosted audio and video files by uploading an image to style your media with the updated ProgressAlly video bookmarks and tracking interface. Learn more.
AccessAlly Teams Just Got More Powerful
- Let team leaders add all of the pertinent student information when they invite team members. AccessAlly Teams now allows you to designate new input fields when adding a new team member. These additional inputs can be a text field or a dropdown selection, and will be saved locally or in your CRM’s custom fields. Learn more.
- Reduce headaches for team leaders when adding new team members. Now, leaders can send team members a link so they can register themselves. The new “self-registration” page gives team leaders a way to invite team members and gather all of the information they need to sign them up. Learn more.
- Team leaders save time by batch importing teammates, instead of manually adding them one-by-one. There’s a new Batch Import functionality in the AccessAlly teams frontend, so team leaders can import members via a CSV file. Learn more.
- Empower teams to communicate the way they want with two-way automated interactions. For example, team leaders can notify all team members at the same time; or team members can ping the team leader for help. Learn more.
- Design the team management dashboard of your dreams with just a few clicks and no custom code. Added drag-and-drop team member display functionality, which includes ProgressAlly student data like Quiz Results and Private Notes, so team leaders and students can communicate directly. Learn more.
- Goodbye PAYF tags, hello simpler CRM automation. We’ve updated the Course Wizard tutorials to use the Revoke Tag in the CRM automation setup instead of using PAYF tags.
- Now people other than site administrators can communicate through Private Notes, so you can empower teams and other teachers. Team parents can see and reply to Private Notes. This is possible with the AccessAlly User Directory and Teams features. Learn more.
- AccessAlly is now available in Bulgarian, English, French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese. We’ve added these new languages and updated existing translations to match new interface additions.
- More flexibility for how member names are displayed. Added an option to NOT update the WordPress Display Name when syncing to CRM. This is useful if the Display Name is manually updated via another plugin. Learn more.
- Calculate any Metric with a static value to help you find averages or convert values. Now allowing static values when building a Custom Calculation Metrics item. This is useful for converting annual quantities to monthly ones.
- Get unsubscribed folks back on your email list when they make a purchase. We’ve added the option to select a CRM opt-in form when using AccessAlly Order forms. The opt-in form will be used to re-subscribe clients when making a purchase to make sure everyone gets their welcome emails.
- Tell existing members they’re just one step away from accessing their free or paid content with a new “pre-login page”. We added a secondary Login page redirect, which is used when auto-login for an existing user fails during an On-Demand Login or on successful purchase. You can add customized text to the secondary Login page to avoid confusion and create a better user experience. Learn more.
- More customizable Login designs are here! We added “stacked” layout for the Login widget for easier customization. This can be enabled by adding the layout=”vertical” argument to existing Login widget shortcodes.
- If you’ve been wanting to have a section will all enabled course icons together and a section with all disabled course icons, now you can! We added the option to the “accessally_icon” shortcode to ONLY show disabled course icons via the “hide_disable” parameter (for example, [accessally_icon post_id=”123” hide_disable=”only-disable”])
- If you’ve been wanting more control over how many times people can perform certain options, now you have it! We added the option to limit how many times an Add / Decrease / Change Tags Custom Operation can run per-contact.
- ActiveCampaign clients: expect fewer timeouts when updating lots of contacts. Now using ActiveCampaign API Version 3 for batch contact update to improve performance.
- Drip clients: now that Drip has built-in fields for First and Last names you don’t need to manually create custom fields. We’re now using the built-in First and Last name fields to store contact information instead of using custom fields.
- New ProgressAlly interface updates to make your life easier as a course creator. We’ve added the objective number to the backend configuration for better organization.
- Progress tracking information can be displayed in member profiles, directories, and team management dashboards without any code. We introduced the ability to add user progress to AccessAlly User Profile, User Directory and Team Children display using built-in elements without the need for shortcodes.
- Trigger custom operations and team interactions using ProgressAlly events, for even more fine-tuned control over the user experience. We added AccessAlly Custom Operation and Team Interaction as possible actions to be triggered via Events. Learn more.
- Keep a detailed log of your members’ activity in your membership site by downloading their site footprint. We added download links for the user footprint and login times to WordPress User Profile.
- Drip only: We fixed “invalid contact ID” issue for inactive users when syncing all users.
- ActiveCampaign only: We fixed a bug where newly created tags are not included when syncing contacts to ActiveCampaign.
- We fixed an issue so that all custom inputs in the Order Form PayPal tab are saved, instead of only the custom inputs in the Confirm section.
- We fixed an interference issue when using Countdown Timer Custom Operation in a wrapper element, such as
- We fixed a bug in Metrics where refunds for subscription payments were not calculated properly.