We're hiring: Technical Support Engineer
Do you love debugging, figuring out "what the tech" is going on, and working closely with clients and developers? Then keep reading to find out more!
Are you the one?
At AccessAlly you'll experience
Here's what you can expect in this role
You'll be a part of the Client Success team, where you'll be in charge of:
Debugging and answering technical questions; helping customers with the set-up and integration of our products on their websites; explaining and demonstrating product features; working as an integral part of the team to create and provide support for products and programs our clients love.
This is an entrepreneurial environment and things move quickly, so your role may grow and expand as things change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The core of this position centers around providing excellent, personalized technical support to our customers and fostering long-term relationships with our client base.
Here are some of the specifics of the role:
- Login and debug technical issues for clients of both AccessAlly and PopupAlly Pro plugins for WordPress.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer questions, by being available during core business hours of 9am to 5pm Central.
- Support Tune Up and Expert calls with our clients, by answering questions in chat, providing links, and helping to keep things moving.
- Foster long-term relationships with customers to retain and grow our customer base.
- Perform with grace under pressure and maintain composure and friendliness even when dealing with frustrated or impatient users.
- Work independently with minimal daily oversight, while also contributing to and collaborating with a close-knit team.
- Identify, brainstorm, and initiate opportunities to improve or expand training materials, including but not limited to our support database, video and text tutorials, integration and set-up guides, and original webinars and online courses.
- Answer questions in our Facebook communities, making sure that everyone feels heard.
- Spot trends in support questions to make product feature recommendations.
Qualities and skills we're looking for:
- College degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Mastery of the WordPress platform and general understanding of plugin inner workings
- Experienced understanding of HTML/CSS and how it is used within the WordPress platform
- 2-3 years in a customer support role
- Self-starting, highly motivated
- A naturally gracious and patient – but thick-skinned – demeanor
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Software development experience, with a proven ability to understand the tech side (even if you're not a developer)
- Familiarity with AccessAlly products (being a customer/user is a major plus!)
- Familiarity with CRMs such as Infusionsoft, Ontraport, ActiveCampaign, Drip, or ConvertKit is a plus!
- Familiarity with APIs, webhooks, and debugging through error logs and dev tools.
This is a full-time employee position, beginning with a trial to ensure a good fit. While this is a virtual, work-from-home position, it is not short-term. We are committed to building a world-class team culture, and want someone equally dedicated who will grow with us for many years.
We’re a heart-centered team of dedicated, disciplined A-players and we need you to be too. If the potential for more ownership and room to grow into the team sounds exciting, keep reading.
"One of the things I love most about working at AccessAlly is how much everyone cares. Every single team member gives their all and wants what’s best for the company, for our clients, and for one another.
Just knowing that we’re all focused on the same goals makes working with everyone a joy every single day."
Naomi Niles, Client Success Strategist
How we do things
Taking care of each other as a team starts with...
Work from anywhere:
Enjoy working from your home office or outdoor space, as long as you've got an internet connection and you're available during core business hours.
Get paid what you're worth and know that you're being taken care of financially with retirement investment matching.
Generous vacation policy:
Start things off with 17 days off and 10 holidays per year, so you can spend time with family, travel, or enjoy some well deserved downtime.
Every other Friday off:
We work a few extra hours during the week so that everyone can take Friday off every other week, to take care of personal tasks or just relax.
Great healthcare and dental coverage:
Choose from several plans to cover your own or your family's healthcare and dental insurance, for added peace of mind.
Computer and software setup:
You'll get your own company laptop with all of the tools you need to do amazing work.
8 weeks paid leave for new parents:
Bond with your little one without worrying about your expenses, and if you need more time off before coming back to work full-time, your job is secure.
Annual company retreats:
Get to know your team mates with in-person company retreats while doing fun activities, visiting new locations, and eating great food.
You have $500 to spend each year on courses, books, or conferences to help you be the best you can be, and the time to dedicate to honing your skills.
This position has been filled.
What you can expect after you apply
Resume & Application Review
Fill Out a Questionnaire
Introductory Call (30 minutes)
Kolbe Workstyle Assessment
Team Interviews (2-4 hours)
Offer Letter & References
Start with AccessAlly!
We'll send your company laptop, and have our first onboarding call to welcome you aboard.
Still wondering if you should apply?
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
If you've got an entrepreneurial side, we welcome that! If you like to work autonomously, you're great at managing your schedule, and creative problem solving... you should apply.
If you're already familiar with AccessAlly, and maybe you've used it yourself or with clients... you should apply because we'd love to speak with you.
If you have your own business, and you're not sure if you want to leave it aside to join us... we'd love to speak with you, so please apply.
"I’ve been with AccessAlly for 5 years now. It is one of those rare experiences where I've found myself thriving both personally and professionally.
I love that, while our product will always be the reason why we’re working together, there is a sincere focus on the individual needs of each team member. Not only have I achieved new skill levels in my career (without having to go through the painstaking process of switching jobs), but the company has also genuinely supported me in the ups and downs of being a new mother.
I honestly don't know where you'd find another fully remote company that offers the same level of fun, warmth, and competitive professionalism."
Maria Myre, UX Designer