Mighty Networks Review With
Comparisons and Alternatives
Are you looking for a Mighty Networks alternative for your membership site or organization?
In this review, you’ll find in-depth comparisons of popular competitors, native platform feature analysis, and pricing overviews.
Before We Dive into Our Review
We're always curious about who writes free reviews for platforms like this, so we want to give you the full disclosure.
We are the creators of the AccessAlly LMS plugin for WordPress, and we are affiliates for some of the tools that we’re comparing here, which means that we may earn a commission if you buy from our reviews. We never let an affiliate incentive sway us in our reviews.
This allows us the time to experiment with other platforms to provide you the most in-depth information. There are a lot of choices out there, and we want you to make the best decision for your business, even if that's not AccessAlly.
Why People Choose Mighty Networks
https://accessally.com/blog/how-to-a-create-member-directory-thats-searchable-on-wordpress/Before we get into our list of alternatives, let’s look at why folks choose this app to run their community, courses, and memberships.
- Community engagement is their #1 priority: Most users choose this platform because it's similar to a social network. The user experience is similar a Facebook group. You can create personalized activity feeds for your members. There's an app version, which you members can find on Android or iOS, which makes it even more like social media.
- Member directories: Members can easily connect with one another through the member directory feature. When you create a member directory, you give members the opportunity to connect. You can create searches by location or interests within your Mighty Network. Members can create their profiles to share more about themselves, but there’s not a lot of flexibility for adding additional fields outside of the standard ones provided.
- Mobile app: Members will have access to a mobile app from the Apple or Android app store. They can use this app to access their Mighty Network, see posts, their private feed, content, and other details they have access to. Members can access their Mighty Network from either mobile or desktop (they don't have to use the app). You may have wondered how to turn your membership site into an app, and Mighty Networks does make this easier. It's not a customized app though, it's all branded as Mighty Networks, not your brand.
Free Trial and Other Perks
- Get started with a free trial: You can set up your community for free on a 14-day free trial. You'll have limited access to key features and cannot use a custom domain name.
- Easy to get setup: Getting your first Mighty Network up and running can be done relatively quickly. You'll have limited design options.
- Mobile app made easy: Since they offer an iOS and Android app, you don't need to convert your membership site to app, that will be done for you.
Why People Look for Alternatives
Have you tried Mighty Networks and found it limiting? Or maybe you’re looking to expand and provide training and courses to your members.
Here are some of the most common reasons people look for Mighty Networks alternatives:
- Too many conversations to manage: A thriving Mighty Network can be a double-edged sword. While active members in your community are a dream for most site owners, the flow of topics and conversations can be a lot to manage. In fact, some require a full-time community manager to regulate the members and conversation. There's quite a dilemma around having a membership forum, and the fact that it can be too much to manage is a factor here.
- No learning management system (LMS) functionality: Its primary focus is community engagement features. It is not a traditional learning management system. It's better suited for businesses that put community engagement and members first but also need a basic course builder to share additional resources.
- Loss of income: You can process payments for members signing up to join your Mighty Network. However, in addition to the monthly cost of Mighty Networks, you also pay transaction fees that range from 2% to 5%. If you bring in $100,000 in sales, Mighty Networks withholds up to $5,000 while your payment processor will withhold approximately $3,000.
- Limited payment processors and pricing models: Mighty Networks uses a Stripe integration for its third-party payment processor. They do not currently support a PayPal integration or other payment processors. With Mighty Networks, there are also pricing limitations when it comes to the cost of your Mighty Network, course, or membership. They provide a populated drop-down list for pricing, and you must select one of those amounts to charge for your offerings. At this time, you cannot charge more than $999 for a one-time payment.
- No abandoned cart automation: Mighty Networks lacks an abandoned cart email sequence or automation, so you could also be leaving money on the table when you host your courses on this platform.
- Integration limitations: With Zapier and Mighty Networks, you can add a customer's email address onto a list... but your options are pretty limited beyond that. You can't trigger a campaign or unlock content based on actions on your Mighty Network.
- Distractions are everywhere: As you know Mighty Networks is built similar to social media software. Delivering, sharing, and setting up content is second to the community features. With the onslaught of constant notifications, your members can be easily be distracted and their learning experience suffers. A Mighty Network can be a great place for members to connect, however, it's not the place to support a quiet, distraction-free learning environment.
- Cannot build sales and engagement campaigns: Mighty Networks allows you to easily send notifications to members within your network. However, it's not designed to be used for sales and engagement campaigns.You'll need a CRM or marketing automation system with a campaign builder that will allow you to add/remove users based on actions they take or purchases they make to manage this area of your business. You’ll need to build this integration with Zapier, but your flow may need to be modified to work within the system’s limitations.
If you're not sure where to start with a CRM, dive into this CRM comparison to decide what's best for you.
ACCESSALLY IS A POPULAR Mighty Networks ALTERNATIVE
Everything you need to run sophisticated membership sites is included in AccessAlly.
Complete with member directories, gamification features, and advanced e-commerce functionality, you have everything you need to power your membership or organization.
There are no additional LMS features or payment plugins required. Just connect your email marketing platform to AccessAlly and you're ready to market, sell, and grow your membership website!
Compare Mighty Networks Pricing
Although cost is not the only thing to look at when you’re considering what membership software or LMS to choose, it does factor into the equation.
On top of your monthly Mighty Networks monthly pricing, be sure to calculate the additional transaction fees as an expense so you can predict your actual revenue numbers and budget for any additional integrations needed.
Here is the cost breakdown for some of the most commonly compared Mighty Networks substitutes:
Community forums only, no online courses, plus 3% transaction fee
Includes online courses, plus 2% transaction fee
Includes only 3 products, and limit of 10,000 contacts
100 Products, 100,000 contacts, limited email sending
Unlimited courses and students
Additional features and groups
Plus 5% transaction fee
No transaction fees, includes bulk student enrollment
No memberships or affiliate functionality
Includes 3rd party code and embedded checkout forms
|MemberPress + LearnDash||
No course or student limits, basic functionality
Includes group licensing, affiliate functionality
Ecommerce and CRM addons included
Quizzes, groups, and social learning
Unlimited courses and students, affiliate, and bulk courses
All LMS functionality
Now that we’ve looked at all of the reasons why someone might choose Mighty Networks, or switch from Mighty Networks to another membership solution, it’s time to compare Mighty Networks alternatives.
We've researched the best online course platforms for you. You'll see where each tool shines and where it falls short so you can make the best decision for your particular business and online teaching needs.
Additional Tools, Software, and Plugins
Mighty Networks handles the community aspect of your offerings, and can serve as a basic course builder for your course content and memberships, but your tech stack will likely include additional tools. This is true for many Mighty Networks alternatives and replacements, as well.
How you decide to construct your tech stack depends on your requirements, and what goals you’re trying to achieve. For instance, you might need:
Mighty Networks might be right for you if…
- You want a platform resemblant of a social network
- The look and feel of your online course isn't important to you and you're willing to conform to the layout and design options provided by Mighty Networks.
- You’re willing to lead your students through what can be a very distracting learning environment
- You’re willing to use a third-party tool like Zapier to integrate with your current systems
- You’re not looking to create a true LMS experience for your students
What matters most in online learning for 2021?
Make the most of online learning in 2021.
In 2020 so much changed, and business owners who started to create and sell online courses have come out ahead.
With the focus on online learning, some entrepreneurs realized their online course platform was limiting and lacked the features they really needed.
It's important that any LMS you choose gives you the ability to get started quickly and to be flexible enough to meet your needs as things change.
There are also ongoing updates to privacy laws like CCPA, GDPR, CalOPPA, that are on every digital business owner's mind.
With tighter budgets, transaction fees, integration with existing tools for email marketing, and landing pages need to be top of mind.
Get a Free live demo to see how AccessAlly
Hi, I'm Kimberly
I'd love to learn more about your goals and answer your questions about how AccessAlly can help you get there. Book a demo today!