Mighty Networks Alternatives:
Compare Mighty Networks to Competitors
Are you looking for a Mighty Networks alternative for your membership site or organization?
In this Mighty Networks review, you’ll find in-depth comparisons of popular competitors, native platform feature analysis, and pricing overviews.
Before We Dive into Our Mighty Networks Comparison
We're always curious about who writes reviews for products online, so we want to give you the full disclosure.
We are the creators of the AccessAlly LMS plugin for WordPress, and we are affiliates for some of the tools that we’re comparing here, which means that we may earn a commission if you buy from our reviews.
This makes it possible for us to test and provide in-depth and hands-on experience with a lot of the course and membership tools you might be comparing. However, we never let an affiliate incentive sway us in our reviews.
Now, let’s dive into this in-depth review of Mighty Networks. Find out how it compares to other tools on the marketplace and why people might be looking for a Mighty Networks alternative in the first place.
Why People Choose Mighty Networks
Before we get into our list of Mighty Networks alternatives, let’s look at why you might consider investing in Mighty Networks to manage your online community, courses, and membership.
- Community engagement is their #1 priority: Most Mighty Networks users choose this platform for its liking to a social network. The user experience is similar to that of members of a Facebook group, but you have more personalization options within your Mighty Network. You can even create personalized activity feeds for your members.
- Member directories: Mighty Networks makes it easy for your members to connect with one another. Each member can easily search for other members by location and interests if you build your network on a paid plan. While members can create their profiles to share more about themselves, there’s not a lot of flexibility for adding additional fields outside of the standard ones provided.
- Forums: Mighty Networks's activity feed and topic discussion areas help create an organized and sleek format for users to connect and engage with the content you’re sharing.
Why People Recommend Mighty Networks
You might have posted in a Facebook group asking people what they use for their membership site or to sell their online courses, and received a lot of “MIghty Networks” answers. Why is that?
- Great Facebook group alternative: We've seen an uptick in conversations amongst online business owners who are wanting to migrate the community aspect of their offerings to a platform outside of Facebook for one reason or another. Because Mighty Networks is resemblant of a social network it's becoming a popular alternative, however, lacks in other features most membership site owners and online course creators need.
- You can get started for free: If your membership is community-based and you don’t mind using a Mighty Networks domain name you can get up and running fairly quickly and upgrade as your network expands.
- Mobile app available: iOS and Android apps are available for Mighty Networks users. While it's not branded, unless you invest in Mighty Pro members can download the Mighty Networks app and login to your network for easy access from their mobile device.
Why People Look for Mighty Networks Alternatives
If you’ve tried Mighty Networks and found it limiting, or you’re looking to expand on your membership offering and want to provide trainings and online courses to your members you might already know why you need a Mighty Networks alternative. Here are some of the other common reasons why users look for Mighty Networks substitutes.
- Too many conversations to manage: A thriving network can be a double-edged sword sometimes. While an active community is every membership site owner and online course creator’s dream, the flow of topics and conversations can be a lot to manage for one person. It’s not unheard of for Mighty Networks site owners to hire full-time or multiple part-time community managers and moderators to help them keep up with the activity. If you’re not financially ready to hire this can put a strain on your business in more ways than one.
- No LMS functionality: Mighty Networks is best known for its community engagement features. It is not a traditional learning management system. Mighty Networks is better suited for businesses that put community engagement first but also need a basic course builder to share additional resources via online courses.
- Loss of income: Mighty Networks allows you to collect and process payments from those signing up to join your network. However, in addition to the monthly fee you pay for the platform, Mighty Networks also withholds 2%-5% of your sales on top of the transactional fees you’re used to absorbing from your payment processor. If you bring in $100,000 in sales, Mighty Networks withholds up to $5,000 while your payment processor will withhold approximately $3,000.
- Limited payment processors and pricing models: Mighty Networks uses Stripe as their third-party payment processor. They do not currently support payments via PayPal or other payment processors. With Mighty Networks, there are also pricing limitations when it comes to the cost of your Mighty Network, online course, or membership. They provide a populated drop-down list for pricing, and you must select one of those amounts to charge for your offerings. At this time, you cannot charge more than $999 for a one-time payment.
- No abandoned cart automations: Mighty Networks lacks abandoned cart automation, so you could also be leaving money on the table when you host your courses on this platform.
- Integration limitations: With Zapier and Mighty Networks, you can add a customer's email address onto a list... but your options are pretty limited beyond that. You can't trigger a campaign or unlock content based on actions on your Mighty Network.
- Distractions are everywhere: As you know Mighty Networks is a social platform first, and online course builder, second. With the onslaught of constant notifications on the platform, your course participants can be easily distracted with disrupts their learning experience. Social networks are not the best platforms for people to go to learn, and that’s the biggest downside of Mighty Networks for those who want to offer online courses inside their designated community space.
- Cannot build sales and engagement campaigns: Mighty Networks allows you to easily send notifications to members within your network. However, it's not designed to be used for sales and engagement campaigns. You'll need a CRM or marketing automation system with a campaign builder that will allow you to add/remove users based on actions they take or purchases they make to manage this area of your business. You’ll need to build this integration with Zapier, but your flow may need be modified to work within the system’s limitations.
ACCESSALLY IS A POPULAR Mighty Networks ALTERNATIVE
Everything you need to run sophisticated membership sites is included in AccessAlly.
Complete with member directories, gamification features, and advanced e-commerce functionality, you have everything you need to power your membership or organization.
There are no additional LMS features or payment plugins required. Just connect your email marketing platform to AccessAlly and you're ready to market, sell, and grow your membership website!
Compare Mighty Networks Pricing
Although cost is not the only thing to look at when you’re considering what membership software or LMS to choose, it does factor into the equation.
On top of your monthly Mighty Networks monthly pricing, be sure to calculate the additional transaction fees as an expense so you can predict your actual revenue numbers and budget for any additional integrations needed.
Here is the cost breakdown for some of the most commonly compared Mighty Networks substitutes:
Community forums only, no online courses, plus 3% transaction fee
Includes online courses, plus 2% transaction fee
Includes only 3 products, and limit of 10,000 contacts
100 Products, 100,000 contacts, limited email sending
Unlimited courses and students
Additional features and groups
Plus 5% transaction fee
No transaction fees, includes bulk student enrollment
No memberships or affiliate functionality
Includes 3rd party code and embedded checkout forms
|MemberPress + LearnDash||
No course or student limits, basic functionality
Includes group licensing, affiliate functionality
Ecommerce and CRM addons included
Quizzes, groups, and social learning
Unlimited courses and students, affiliate, and bulk courses
All LMS functionality
In-Depth Mighty Networks Replacement Comparisons
Now that we’ve looked all of the reasons why someone might choose Mighty Networks, or switch from Mighty Networks to another membership solution, it’s time to compare Mighty Networks alternatives!
In these in-depth comparison pages, you'll see where each tool shines and where it falls short so you can make the best decision for your particular business and online teaching needs.
Your Mighty Networks Substitute Might Include Several Tools, Software, and Plugins
Mighty Networks handles the community aspect of your offerings, and can serve as a basic course builder for your course content and memberships, but your tech stack will likely include additional tools. This is true for many Mighty Networks alternatives and replacements, as well.
How you decide to construct your tech stack depends on your requirements, and what goals you’re trying to achieve. For instance, you might need:
Mighty Networks might be right for you if…
- You want a platform resemblant of a social network
- The look and feel of your online course isn't important to you and you're willing to conform to the layout and design options provided by Mighty Networks.
- You’re willing to lead your students through what can be a very distracting learning environment
- You’re willing to use a third-party tool like Zapier to integrate with your current systems
- You’re not looking to create a true LMS experience for your students
What matters most in online learning for 2021?
With the global pandemic in full swing, it's time to make the most of online learning in 2021.
It's important that any LMS software you choose gives you the ability to get started quickly and to be flexible enough to meet your needs as things continue to change.
There are also ongoing updates to privacy laws like CCPA, GDPR, CalOPPA, that are on every digital business owner's mind.
Finally, the best part: the focus needs to be on improving students' experience, so they can learn better and stay engaged longer.
Schedule a live demo to see how AccessAlly
Hi, I'm Kimberly
I'd love to learn more about your goals and answer your questions about how AccessAlly can help you get there. Book a demo today!