New Zenler Alternatives: Comparing New Zenler to Competitors
If you’re researching the best platform for your online courses, you may have come across NewZenler as an option.
We’ll dive into NewZenler so you can see the pros and cons of this online course platform.
We’ll also take a look at alternatives and why you might consider them.
Before we dive into our New Zenler comparison
Who are we? Why do we write these comparisons? Great questions.
We’re the creators of AccessAlly, an all-in-one WordPress plugin for courses and memberships.
We write these course platform comparisons because the marketplace is crowded and confusing.
We want to help you make the best long-term decision for your courses or memberships, even if that’s not AccessAlly.
We’ll share what we know about NewZenler based on our research. We’ll also point out areas where AccessAlly shines.
So if you’re in the market and considering going with this platform, AccessAlly might actually be a better fit.
You’ll find out for yourself on the coming page.
Why people choose New Zenler
NewZenler an online course platform built around sales and marketing.
It strives to be an all-in-one platform that allows you to run your business using as few systems as possible.
Here are some reasons why people choose this platform to create and market their online programs:
- It’s easy to get up and running. The plug-and-play platform allows you to purchase, log in, and start adding your content. You can create your sales page(s), courses, programs, and order forms using templates.
- It has a variety of features. It’s an all-in-one platform. It strives to be everything you need to run your online business. As long as you’re okay with the feature limitations, you can use New Zenler for your sales pages, marketing, courses, and order forms.
- It’s easy to offer courses (not memberships). For folks who only offer courses, not memberships, it can be a great, out-of-the-box, solution.
Why people recommend New zenler
Happy users: some recommendations come from folks that are using NewZenler and happy with the results. These are the best recommendations! Reach out to these folks if you can, and find out more about what and why they love it.
Affiliates: They might be affiliates for New Zenler. Since it’s in beta, they’ve set up a rewarding affiliate program.
Some people get paid to write comparisons that try to sway you towards choosing this platform. (To be clear, that’s not us!).
Check the sources. Who’s writing it? Why? Are they affiliated?
It could be well-intentioned advice. If you’re brand new and looking for a template to run your online courses, then New Zenler may be a great place to start.
Dive into the feature, pricing, and design limitations fully so that you know exactly what you’ll be able to accomplish.
If you start with a platform like this, it’s a good idea to budget time and money, (and possibly medicine for your headache) for migration later on.
Why people look for New Zenler alternatives
There are a few circumstances where NewZenler just won’t work for you. If you use certain systems, have a specific design, or have to have certain features.
- You use WordPress: New Zenler is a platform (not a WordPress plugin). If you use WordPress, then NewZenler won’t work for you. We talk about a platform vs. a plugin similarly to renting vs. owning a home. A platform is more like renting. You may be able to customize the way it looks a bit. But you don’t own the space. You cannot make significant changes to the overall flow, structure, and design when you use a platform. Platforms are not as flexible as plugins. When it comes time to migrate your content, it can be a real pain migrating off a platform. There’s usually not an easy way to export all your content and work and move it to a new site.
- You use ActiveCampaign or Infusionsoft: If you use ActiveCampaign or Infusionsoft and want a deep integration, NewZenler won’t work for you. They do offer some integrations, however, if you use either of these CRMs, you’ll find yourself using a third-party connection tool. With this, you’re unable to use the power of your CRM. AccessAlly, on the other hand, does offer deep integrations with both Infusionsoft and ActiveCampaign, as well as Keap, Ontraport, Drip, and ConvertKit.
- You want a custom design: If you want a custom design for your courses, NewZenler won’t work for you. While they do offer branding choices, like logos, text colors, and fonts, they don’t offer the ability to fully customize a site. Furthermore, the structure of your courses is determined for you. If you imagine a customized flow, it likely won’t be possible here. The template they provide is straightforward. Once you create a new course, you can add content and lessons. You’ll have the ability to release all at one time, or drip on a specific timeline. This kind of strict limitation can be fine for businesses that offer a small course on the side. It likely won’t be a good long-term fit for full-time course creators who want to offer unique options.
- You use advanced course features: NewZenler advertises itself as a full-featured online course platform. To be fair, they do offer great learning reinforcements (also known as learning management system (LMS) features). They don’t however seem to offer the full feature. In a lot of cases, they offer just enough to “count”, but not a fully developed feature. For example, you can offer quizzes on NewZenler, but you cannot unlock new content based on the quiz result, provide additional learning if the quiz result is low, or track quick results in the CRM to earn points or send email communications about the quizzes. You’ll also find they offer course certificate features, but it lacks the ability for advanced progress tracking to know if someone completed the required materials or not.
- You use PayPal for subscriptions: If you want to accept subscription payments or payment plan payments via PayPal, NewZenler won’t work for you. You can only accept these types of payments via Stripe. For some businesses, this is a deal-breaker. If that’s yours, then dive into other LMS comparisons we have for you.
- You want to offer memberships: This is a big deal. You cannot easily offer memberships with NewZenler. This platform is focused on online courses: create, sell, and market them. Some people run membership sites with NewZenler, created through the drip content feature. We call this a duct-tape solution. Because you’re paying top dollar for something that doesn’t have a key feature that you really need. As your membership site grows, you’ll feel the pain of this limitation.
One client's story about finding a New Zenler Alternative
"I've tested dozens of memberhip plugins...
I’m really loving the ease of use and the features of AccessAlly so far.
I’ve tested dozens of membership plugins over the past 2 months, and this one by far has been easiest, most intuitive, and has the features that other plugins and platforms just don’t think about.”
-Niya Champaneria, bizmomlife
Compare New Zenler Competitors' Pricing
No matter the plugin or platform that you choose, understand the full scope of pricing. Include the cost of any integrations, additional systems, or integration tools you’ll need to complete your setup.
Pro tip: If you find your list of integration tools climbing to 4 or 5, it’s time to consider a different platform or plugin.
They offer steep discounts with its beta version, up to 45% off of the standard pricing. They do offer a monthly payment option. You have to dig for it though, it’s not easy to find.
The biggest limitations on Pro vs. Premium are in its marketing capabilities.
On Pro (the lower tier), you’ll have 100k marketing emails and 25k leads.
On Premium (the upper tier), you’ll have 500k marketing emails and unlimited leads.
Includes only 3 products, and limit of 10,000 contacts
100 Products, 100,000 contacts, limited email sending
Unlimited courses and students
Additional features and groups
Plus 5% transaction fee
No transaction fees, includes bulk student enrollment
No memberships or affiliate functionality
Includes 3rd party code and embedded checkout forms
|Mighty Networks|| $280/year
Community forums only, no online courses, plus 3% transaction fee
Includes online courses, plus 2% transaction fee
|MemberPress + LearnDash|| $448/year
No course or student limits, basic functionality
Includes group licensing, affiliate functionality
Ecommerce and CRM addons included
Quizzes, groups, and social learning
Unlimited courses and students, affiliate, and bulk courses
All LMS functionality
Want more in-depth New Zenler Replacement Comparisons?
Research can be tough. Especially when it’s clouded with persuasive marketing material. We’ve done some research for you.
Explore in-depth comparison options here to find out what might be best for you. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, check out all of our LMS comparisons.
New Zenler might be right for you if...
- You already have a website
- You want to have your courses up and running quickly, so you can test your ideas without worrying about design
- You are looking for a simple, easy way to create a few courses and sell them to your clients.
- You don’t want to deal with behind-the-scenes setup like theme design, hosting, and other site maintenance
- You don’t mind giving up full control to have your courses hosted for you on a 3rd party platform
- You don’t have plans of scaling your course project into a full, interactive site.
Researching course platforms on your own is great, but if you want to talk to someone, we're here to help!
If you’re wondering whether you’re on the right track or not, we can help you sort out all of the different options. We’ll let you know if AccessAlly is a good fit or not, too.
We’ll start by asking you a few questions and guide you in the right direction.