Diversity, equity, and belonging at AccessAlly
How we do business as individuals and as an organization matters.
Whether you’re considering using one of our tools, becoming a certified partner, or joining our team, here you’ll gain an understanding of where we stand.
Where we stand
Every person deserves to be appreciated, loved, and to have autonomy and dignity in their work and livelihoods.
That Black Lives Matter.
In supporting all voices, including those in Black, Hispanic, and LGBTQ+ communities.
as software creators We believe...
That designers’ and developers’ bias gets embedded into algorithms and technology that perpetuates racism and systems of oppression.
That access to education can help defy stereotypes and make the world a better place, while providing a sustainable livelihood for enterprising teachers of all backgrounds.
Everything is interconnected and that social justice is tied to climate, health, and economic issues, and when we work together we can find solutions to the root cause of multiple issues.
“One of the things I love most about working at AccessAlly is how much everyone cares. Every single team member gives their all and wants what’s best for the company, for our clients, and for one another.
Just knowing that we’re all focused on the same goals makes working with everyone a joy every single day.”
Naomi Niles, Client Success Strategist
As a team:
- We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and welcoming team for people of all backgrounds where everyone feels respected, valued, and that they belong.
- We are committed to providing an environment that supports the whole person. We do this by building a culture that cares and offering weekly Breathe Easy sessions, regular time to connect on a personal level, bi-weekly Nurture Fridays (time off work), and onboarding new team members with a partner.
Product, community, and feedback:
- We are committed to listening to feedback and input from people from diverse backgrounds during our product development processes, to anticipate and reduce any harm that our team’s biases might introduce. We gather feedback on an ongoing basis from demo and onboarding calls, focus groups, and support channels and use it to guide our development and marketing efforts.
- We are committed to building a diverse community of course and membership site creators of all backgrounds into a safe space, where open conflict and feedback are welcome, and everyone feels heard and seen.
Education and accountability:
- We are committed to investing in ongoing training and education so that we can do the anti-racism work that we know is going to make a difference.
- We are committed to reviewing our progress toward our goals of making AccessAlly an inclusive, equitable workplace on a daily and quarterly basis.